Users Online Now: 1,454 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 160,696
Pageviews Today: 216,852Threads Today: 92Posts Today: 909
01:48 AM

Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject Yesterday, I Received First-Rate, Affordable Healthcare w/o Insurance, and Obama Had Nothing To Do With It.
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message First off, we decided to go to the beach yesterday afternoon.

Strolling along the water's edge, and something snags my foot and nearly trips me.

I take a couple more steps and something doesn't feel right. There's something between my toes.

I step into the water to rinse the sand off my feet and take a look.

Fuck.

There's a big-ass fish hook buried in my second toe!

It's in deep! The point is jammed in against the knuckle!

I weigh my options...I could try and take it out myself, Rambo style....no, it's in at a bad angle with the shank against the sole of my foot and the point curved around the top of my toe and laying against the knuckle. Plus, the thing is rusty, and I haven't had a tetanus shot in about 15 years.

I then rule out going to the ER at the local hospital. That place is always jam-packed and I would be sitting in the waiting room for hours before anyone even looked at it. The last time I went in there, I sat for 8 hours, finally got 1 x-ray on my swollen, throbbing leg, sat for another hour, then they sent me home, saying they found nothing wrong and to just take it easy for a couple days. That visit cost me $1200 and they missed the broken tibia, which was finally diagnosed a month later. Fuck that place.

So, I decided to go to a privately run walk-in clinic.

I'd never been to this one, but know it can't be any worse than the ER.

Turns out, the clinic was excellent!

They were fast, friendly, and inexpensive!

I was in and out the door in less than 2 hours. They took x-rays from 4 different angles to determine exactly how the hook and barb were situated, , shot me up with a local anesthetic, eased that baby out, cleaned up the wound, gave me a tetanus shot, then sent me on my way with a 7 day supply of anti-biotics, all for a whopping $215!

Plus, since I paid in full, on the spot, they said that I can have a free follow up visit any time in the next two weeks, if I have any problems with it.

Then, they called me today to see how I was doing!

Totally pleased with my capitalist healthcare!!

dance
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP