Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject Am I democrat or republican?
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message So, I've never bothered to take political sides because, well, I think it's a scam.

But if I were to choose a side, which would I be on?

I like guns.

I hate taxes.

I have nothing against abortion.

I like the idea of medical being available to all, but I would never fund the commercial life and money sucking mode of medicine in the US. Why pay extravagantly for people to stay ill?

I think government is way too big.

I think there are too many laws.

I think housing is a right, as is food.

I'd go for drug legalization. Pot doesn't give me a headache like beer does.

Other than keeping factories out of residential areas, I see no point in zoning laws, building permits, or fees..at all.

I do not think land should be taxed other than when it is purchased or sold.

I do not think government should be able to trespass on private property.

I think corporate lobbying in all of its forms should be illegal.

I would like the right to shoot anyone that comes through my door without knocking, no matter who they are.

I'm an atheist

I like the idea of free education, but I think the current university system is worthless, outdated, and a piece of crap; so I would rather not fund that form of education.

I think that illegal immigration should be abolished, but not by building bigger walls. I think that people should be allowed by the governments to pay taxes and participate in the country they are actually in, without having to go through ridiculous methods that force them to work under the table and become a strain to their host country. If the border authorities are as bad as they seem to be, I don't think we should be paying them. Obviously there has to be another way.

I think medical doctors should have their schooling subsidized and should be given a slightly better than living wage, not ridiculous pay. I want someone working on me that cares about working on me, not about a Lexis.

I think all television advertising, especially the stuff in programs that the government and corporations slip in, should be banned. If it's not good enough for people to learn about by word of mouth, they don't need to hear about it. If Hollywood can't afford to pay their actors after that, too bad, they're overpaid anyway. Like all good artists they should scrape by and live on the donations of those that appreciate their art.

I think people need to learn how to communicate and police themselves.

I think welfare should exist, but at the same time I think it creates an unhealthy dependency on government. So, what I would really like is for people to be given the opportunity to take care of themselves. Instead of food stamps offer garden space that will belong to that person but that they or their's must tend to. Instead of housing benefits, offer land and an axe, etc. If someone has to build their own home, they'll be invested in it...or they'll live under a tarp.

Taxes: When individuals pay their taxes I think they should be able to vote for what it goes for. If 13% of people in an area (regardless of how much they actually paid) decide they want their money to go to schools, then 13% of the money collected will go to schools.

Bureaucracy: forms that only allow certain input should not be allowed. Anyone that says "The computer won't let me" should be shot on site.

Old people: they're cute. I'm not going to let them starve.

So, what am I?
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP