Users Online Now: 2,049 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 925,255
Pageviews Today: 1,727,274Threads Today: 845Posts Today: 14,946
07:14 PM

Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject I've Been Baffled by The Consistently LOW Barometer Readings I'm Getting This Summer...Anyone Else Notice This???
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message This is a very ill-prepared thread,but I couldn't resist posting it WITHOUT having done more preparation.

As a collector of barometers,over the years,I have noticed that during spells of very hot,very dry weather,my barometers ALWAYS and INVARIABLY give me atmospheric-pressure readings of between 1020-1035 isobars/hPa (at least,I think they're called that,told you I was ill-prepared!).

Well,we've been having the heat AND the dry weather down here in the Central Mediterranean this summer!...heard about our MONTH-long heatwave,with sustained dailly temperatures of over 35C,(95F) with the mercury" rising to 40C (104F) for two days last week?...

THAT kind of heat SHOULD have sent barometer needles SWINGING to MUCH HIGHER atmospheric pressure levels...but,for some unknown reason—HASN'T!!!

I am baffled,as-to-why the atmospheric pressure has remained so LOW this summer,DESPITE the weather having been SO desert-like;I SHOULD have been seeing readings such as those mentioned above,but for some un-known reason,have only been getting readings of 1017-1019 hPa — much lower than they should be!!!

Some of you are probably about to question my equipment,well...I have very good barometers friends,and I often check them against the local metereological office readings that we have here,with consistent accuracy been shown by mine every time!

Interestingly,people have been saying that the North Atlantic 'Jet Stream (I know it as the 'Gulf Stream') has,for some un-known reason,not been having a proper "climatological effect" this summer,with effects been witnessed all over Britain,which has been having a RECORD number of days with rain.I wonder if the two are in some way conected??...

Also,I wonder then,has anyone else been noticing this strange weather phenomenon,with regards to unusually-low barometer/atmospheric pressure?

Thanks,
Bo Intelson.
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP