Users Online Now: 2,238 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 1,288,664
Pageviews Today: 2,140,429Threads Today: 824Posts Today: 14,617
09:06 PM

Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject Not-so-BREAKING: I am sad to say that most of us are going to be dead in the next 10 - 20 years. Including many GLPers.
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message After reviewing world events, natural disasters, disturbed weather patterns, human consciousness, and temperment, I have come to the conclusion that Stephen Hawking is right.

Within the next 10 - 20 years, most of us will be dead. It's not the end of the world, or humanity. It'll just be an incredible downsizing. To put it into business speak, many of us will be "laid off".

You want evidence? Look around. We're always a second off from blowing our shit up, dumping too much shit into the atmosphere, and if you knew how close we kept coming BEFORE 9/11, you would never sleep at night.

I heard constant stories from my best friend's dad, told to his buddies over beer. Work buddies. They worked at nuclear power plants in TEXAS.

He talked daily about how close some idiot working on the plant came to causing a meltdown, or confirmed radiation leaks that the entire plant had to scrub down because of.

Look at the central area of North America. It's in the worst drought since the dust bowl. Meanwhile we're a hair away from another Katrina in the south, and the gulf of Mexico is fucked by oil.

Look at the sun. Skin cancer rates, hell cancer rates over all are up.

Meanwhile we live on a planet that's 80% water, with only 10% drinkable and we're slowly dwindling that 10% with every single fuck up whether it be industrial waste, construction, or just flat out waste.

Look at our food. We should be able to sustain ourselves. Did you know that 10 billion pounds of fresh fruits and vegetables are thrown away daily in the united states? That stealing these fruits and vegetables from the dumpster can get you fined into the 5-digits or jailed for years if caught?

Look at our government. We keep giving full control of our nuclear arsenal to IDIOTS, while meanwhile China is making the computer chips that guide our nuclear arsenal with back doors that allow them to control it.

Meanwhile the animal life forms are changing. Bacteria, viruses, things we cannot resist are rising. Maybe by design, maybe by chance. We are constantly one hungover 20 year old lab tech's fumble from wiping out half of humanity.

IQ is decreasing over all while intelligence is rising only for a small portion of humanity.

We will lose 90% of humanity within the next 10 - 20 years.

This is not a conspiracy theory, this is a conspiracy fact.

Take comfort in knowing that as Ian Malcom in Jurassic Park said "Life will find a way". It may not be pretty, it may not be perfect, but in some form a small portion of humanity will live on.

Why am I posting this? Because I think that a small portion of the intelligent here at GLP should stop working on Prevention, and start working on Legacy.

What can we leave behind for whatever survives the coming holocaust? How can we make their lives easier?

We have the seed vaults, we (GLP specifically) has an observatory. But we need more.

Use what influence you have at work, or school, or home to find ways to work on our legacy, what we can teach the next phase of humanity. They will see our mistakes. What can we tell them of our successes?
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP