Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject My Story...... how I was given a date of August 16, 2012
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message This is not a doom and gloom prediction. It is only a true story, It doesn't have to mean anything.

The focal point rests on a remnant piece of a file that I found on my computer about 4 or 5 years ago.

From one week to another I was browsing through a directory that I was very familiar with when I noticed a file I didn't recognize.

It had a icon of a ripped piece of paper...... a unknown remnant...... I didn't research it or look at it with a hex editor, I just opened it.

The only content was a date "August 16, 2012" that was all.

Had the rest of the story not existed I would have ignored it, but........ as they say that's not the way the story goes.

When I was 6 years old I lost my father........ obviously I had very few memories of him. A kind gentle person...... who was understanding, at least to me.

When I was 14 my mother informed me that my father had taken his own life. He had taken a vacuum cleaner hose and put it between the exhaust pipe and window of his car. The location was at a favorite location at a park we used to go to.

The reasons he had for doing this are un-important, but took me years to understand.

When I moved away from home while at a trade school I began to have a commonly mentioned experience....... sleep paralysis dreams.

I would awaken from sleep with my eyes open, but be unable to move, sensing a presence behind me. At first this was during the daylight hours and I could see everything around me, except directly behind me. This normally occured while taking a nap on a couch while I was facing the back of the couch. Even then I somehow felt it was my father trying to contact me.

The experience reached a frightening point after I moved to Texas in 1973. I was sharing an apartment with a friend from school. One evening after falling asleep on the couch...... this time facing forward, I awoke to see the dimly light room before me. The difference was that now I could see the figure of what appeared to be an old man with arms outreached standing in front of the sliding glass door and casting a shadow from a near by street lamp.

I struggled in vain to move and wake up, but I had realized many times before that the only way to escape from the dream was to relax and close my eyes, Obviously that was very difficult this time.

When I finally escaped and woke up I was quite vocal and scared the %$@# our of my roommate on the other side of the apartment. Shortly thereafter he moved out.

These occurances were quite random and were separated by days to months. A few years later after I was married to my first wife, she arrived at our apartment before me in the evening and saw a shadow move in the window as she got out of her car. She said nothing but knew I would have the dream that night......... YES I did!

For many years later I would have the dream in varying senarios, generally seeing a tall moving shadow either swaying back and forth in the doorway or at varying distances from the side of my bed. Sometimes it was more vivid and real sometimes less so.

In later years I became attuned to the feeling of the room as I went to bed and knew exactly from the feelings of a presence that I would have the dream........ It was almost never wrong.

Soon after marrying my second wife........ Obviously after divorcing my first....... I felt the strong sense of a presence in the bedroom one night before going to sleep, at almost the same instant we both felt it and it really freaked her out. Fortunately this was a special case for her and it rarely repeated itself.

To switch perspectives for a moment...... My mother had remarried many years prior........ I watched as she got older and saw the fear of darkness capture her, she always needed a nightlight to sleep(actually I did too).

She never spoke of it , but I was certain she had the dreams or something similar as well. During the latter years of her life she was plagued with many health problems, I felt were caused by tremendous stress partly from my step dad..... who to this day I believe was Bi-polar.

These dreams and feelings of a presence continued, strangely enough until shortly after my mothers death in 2006. I was by her bed in the hospital room for the last 48 hours of her life........ before she was completely gone I whispered in her ear that soon she would smile again and that if she could to please come to me in my dreams and give me a hug.

The afternoon after her death I had come home and fallen asleep in my comfy chair. I slept for about 4 hours and awoke as my wife came home from work......... without any words between us before we even set eyes on each other I felt an intense presence pass over me and we both screamed out at the same exact instant...... She obviously felt it too.

I knew it was my mother. That night as I slept and dreamed that I was walking into an old school building down a long hallway I heard a voice from a stairwell above me. The voice of a young woman said in an excited voice what are you doing here? I turned around to see who I thought was my daughter run down the stairs and give me a big hug. I immediately woke up and wondered why it was my daughter and not my mother giving me the hug.

Prior to my mothers funeral my daughter came back to florida for the service. I asked her to go to my moms house and collect pictures of her for a picture board. She returned with many great photos, But I was completely shocked by a photo I had not seen in at least 30 years. It was a portrait of my mother when she was in her late teens to early 20s. This was the young woman who hugged me!

Well it's bed time now I will finish my story tomorrow.
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP