Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject So anyone still using Facebook, u should reconsider! UPDATE
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message I have seen the threads on here about how fucked up Facebook is, and how it is used to gather your info. Although I do not post there, I did keep my Facebook account due to the fact that I have 5 younger brothers and sisters who all have kids. I live out of state and use Facebook to get updates on them and pictures. Other than the occasional comment concerning how cute my nephews are, I dont post. I also have my privacy settings set so that only my friends can see my info, and only accept friends who I know and trust. Well, as some people on here know I am a criminal defense attorney. I had to testify as a witness today regarding a trial that I did in 2008. Well, long story short, despite the fact that my settings are on private, the District Attorney's Office gave me a copy of my Facebook page. There were no posts that were a problem, as I don’t post. However, when you set up your account it asks you to fill in different categories, ie: interests, music, hobbies. Under the "about me" section, I wrote, criminal lawyer fighting against fascism and oppression. Well, the Government had this info, and tried to use it to suggest I was somehow against the Government. Really fucked up. Don’t know how they accessed this info. Needless to say, I just canceled my Facebook account. I suggest u all do the same.

Just to let you all know. My boss and I have started the procedures to figutre out how they got my private info. Will keep those interested posted.
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP