Users Online Now: 1,893 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 1,039,572
Pageviews Today: 1,899,355Threads Today: 626Posts Today: 13,987
06:26 PM

Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject Defeating Obesity, Diabetes and High Blood Pressure: The Metabolic Syndrome
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message [link to www.doctoryourself.com]

"From the beginning, Dr. Gerson insisted that his was not a specific therapy but a whole-body metabolic therapy. Indeed, Gerson did not develop it as a cancer therapy at all. He began the diet and juicing program for himself, and on himself, to cure his own severe migraine headaches. Patients knew him and sought him out as the “Migraine Doctor.” In the course of treatment, many migraine patients started recovering from a variety of other, seemingly unrelated illnesses. Side benefits, as opposed to pharmaceutical preparations’ side effects, is a very orthomolecular-friendly idea.

So is using nutrition to combat obesity, diabetes and high blood pressure, the foci of this, the newest Gerson book. The author is the doctor’s daughter, Charlotte Gerson. I have met Charlotte a number of times, first when she traveled to Ottawa for the induction of her father into the Orthomolecular Medicine Hall of Fame in 2005. I admit my bias as I say that Charlotte, now nearly 90, seems ageless and literally the picture of glowing health. One cannot fail to be impressed with her energy, and with her many decades of experience carrying on her father’s work.

Obesity, diabetes and high blood pressure are real killers. There is much to be said for applying the Gerson therapy to them, especially as all three are well-known to be diet and lifestyle related. A first impression of the Gerson approach may be that it is extreme and uncompromising. Consider the advice contained on the first two pages of the very first chapter: eliminate fast foods, meat, salt, and MSG. Drink four or more glasses of fresh, raw vegetable juice every day. Good heavens, by page 3, we have to start exercising and by page 7, cut out sugar."

Peace and Love
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP