Users Online Now: 1,632 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 508,875
Pageviews Today: 784,172Threads Today: 306Posts Today: 4,067
08:52 AM

Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject BERNANKE ASSURES BALLOONING STUDENT DEBTS WON’T CAUSE CRISIS BECAUSE MOST OF THEM ARE BACKED BY GOV’T
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message Federal Reserve Chairman Ben S. Bernanke said record U.S. student loan debt doesn’t put the financial system at risk the way mortgages did because most educational borrowing is backed by the government.

“I don’t think it’s a financial stability issue to the same extent that, say, mortgage debt was in the last crisis because most of it is held not by financial institutions but by the federal government,” Bernanke said today at a town hall meeting with teachers at the Fed in Washington.

[link to www.bloomberg.com]

I have $50k in student loan, I can't buy car/house/ipad/food and I have to live with my parents.
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP