Users Online Now: 1,832 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 773,046
Pageviews Today: 1,321,294Threads Today: 505Posts Today: 9,375
02:46 PM

Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject Girl Eco Heroes...Harry Potter meets Sierra Club... Check it out! Articles and Audio Interviews
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message Hi,

I found this fantastic book that has just released. The best part is that it's a SERIES. Girl heroes too!

Join the main character Elizabeth Angier as we follow her 'heroes journey' I know the author talked about one of her influences being Joseph Campbell.

The first book is called Gaia Girls-Enter the Earth. The book is unbelievably written by a first time author. I can't say enough about how much we love this book. My whole family has read the book and WE WANT MORE.

Anyway, check out what others are saying and listen to some audio interviews with the author Lee Welles.

Check out what the internet is saying:

A recent review said this about Gaia Girls. "Harry Potter meets Sierra Club"

[link to www.collegiatetimes.com]

The author, Lee Welles was featured on Eco Talk Radio. An Air America show.
[link to shows.airamericaradio.com]
and if that link does work download it from our server at
[link to www.gaiagirls.com]

PBS Radio show is called "Off the Page" 53 minutes in length - All Gaia Girls
[link to www.wskg.com]

Here are some other links too.

[link to www.sustainabletable.org]

[link to gaiagirls.com]

Anway, I just loved this book and I think based on what I have been reading on this great forum you guys will love it too. Please help spread the word I know this is a grassroots effort for the author and her small publisher. The book is beautiful too and made with 100% Post-consumer recycled paper.

Finally, for you puzzles lovers the cover and all the illustrations have hidden pictures or codes to be use in online puzzle games on [link to www.gaiagirls.com] or buy the book at [link to www.gaiagirls.com]

I look forward to talking to more people about the book and the girl heroes journey!

Girlygeeek
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP