Users Online Now: 2,321 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 1,340,969
Pageviews Today: 2,238,952Threads Today: 902Posts Today: 15,929
09:07 PM

Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject Does anybody feel like a slave to the system?
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message Hello everybody.

does anybody feel like they are a slave to the system and are so fed up with it all.
Working for peanuts money, always the same routine, it all envolves around making that buck.
I work on comission only, i do marketing for a hotel.
This week it cost me money to go into work and made nothing.
On top of that they fined me 120 euros for 1 km per hour over the speed limit. Some people were fined 300.
The avarage person here in Madeira makes between 450 and 600 euros per month.
So going into work has cost me around 160 euros with the fine.
In the next two days i do carboots to make ends meet to pay the bills. My parter has made only 150 this month.We still have some savings , but i hate to use them.
I am so fed up constantly chasing my tail.
We are so happy that we choose not to have children.
Bless you parents it must be so difficult in times like these.
People here look like zombies and starting to look older than they are from stress.Shops closing every were, vat has gone up, we pay more tax, food stores are stocking less food and one has got hardly anything on the shelves left.
Most people are only just with their heads above water.
More and more people growing their own veggies.
Me too , it save me a lot of money. I am Belgian and moved here about 12 years ago.

I think it is my job. I get constantly barked at like a dog,i have to hear all day rejection and sadly the english tourist are so rude. My partner is english and he always tells me he sometimes feels ashamed to be english.
I just notice that in general people are more rude and do not care for anything or anyone.

I still love life do not get me wrong, i just wish life was more like the time i was younger.
I am 41, lost mum 49, dad 72 and my only brother39 all to cancer.These experiences made me appreciate the small things in life.
But sadly lately i feel i am here just like all the other slaves to pay bills ect..
I look forward to go to sleep and dream so that i can do other things ,than worry about how to survive all of this.
My dreams sometimes feel more real than this life to me.

I would like to know how you all feel?

Have a lovely dayblwkss
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP