Users Online Now: 2,197 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 892,137
Pageviews Today: 1,590,267Threads Today: 676Posts Today: 11,990
06:10 PM

Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject Birds Flocking Already---Sign of an Early Fall/Winter?
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message Last night I was talking with some neighbors (we tend to have small get togethers on Fridays) and we brought up how it suddenly felt like fall. One of them said that they were hearing locusts which was an old indication of first frost being 6 weeks away. I remarked that I had just noticed my cat putting on her winter coat.

The tidbit that got all of us bugeyed was when he'd seen birds starting to flock up and heading southerly. In this part of the country that isn't normally seen until Mid September. We were all trying to figure out if this was just something weird going on, or if we should stock up even more (we all calmly came to a point of stockpiling due to higher food prices, we're not a conspiratorial neighborhood so only way prepping gets brought up is when programs like the one on NatGeo ran a while back).

I wonder though if maybe this is just a regional effect. Are there similar signs in other areas? My other thought was the birds could be explained by the crops being subpar (food source depleted early so they move on) but couldn't think of a good reason to explain off the other signs.

Anyone else noticing these things, or do we need our eyes/ears checked?
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP