Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject Vedic Culture: Seems to be the root of most modern day sciences
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message I have been studying the Vedic, Hindu culture for the past couple of years and have been surprised at how many modern day sciences seem to come from it.

I'll list a few below with some links. The rest that are without links, you will have to find for yourself if you are interested. I had not planned on posting this so I didn't save all links of interest. And there are a lot of YouTube videos on these subjects.

Anyway, I would be delighted to have input from others about this. Maybe some of you can enlighten me with more information. This isn't meant as a thorough study or anything like that.

My intent is for a discussion and I am in no way an expert on this subject. I just find it fascinating.

Anyway, here's the list and I admit, some of these may not actually stem from Vedic culture or there is controversy on where they actually do stem from.

1) Chess
2) Plastic Surgery
3) Ayurveda (Alternative Health)
4) Electricity
[link to ashoktiwari.tripod.com]
5) Astrology (seems to be debated about its origins)
6) Vastuu (aka Feung Shui which is an off-shoot of Vastuu)
7) UFO's
[link to www.bibliotecapleyades.net]
8) Longest epic poem in the world
[link to en.wikipedia.org]
In this poem nuclear bombs are mentioned and there are YT videos about them
9) Jesus is mentioned in Hindu scriptures
[link to krsnaspeaks.blogspot.com]
10) Marijuana used in spiritual practice
11) Martial Arts called Silambam
12) Debate (and I'm having trouble finding the link to this. They actually set up a science of debate. I can't think of the name of it, but when I studied it, I found it interesting. I'll keep hunting for it.)Edit: I found the school of thought on debate and it's in another post with a link.
13) Mystical states. The man in this video died of cancer and needed no medication for the pain.

Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP