Users Online Now: 1,993 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 990,242
Pageviews Today: 1,325,763Threads Today: 325Posts Today: 5,196
10:54 AM

Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject NRA MAGAZINE - Romney is PRO 2ND Amendment and will never apologize for America!
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message Page 16 of my NRA issue of American Rifleman magazine there is a "One on One" interview with Governor Romney" - Chris W. Cox asks Romney some serious questions pertaining the Second Amendment.

There are about 20 questions that Cox asked the Governor. All the questions answered by Romney were Pro Second Amendment. Here are just a few of the questions that I found to be the most promising.

COX - Do you agree that the Second Amendment protects a fundamental, individual right to own and use firearms for all lawful purposes?

ROMNEY - Absolutely, and I was pleased when the court finally rendered a clear and concise decision on this critical issue. The second amendment is essential to our free society. I strongly support the right of all law abiding Americans to exercise their constitutionally protected right to own firearms and to use them for lawful purposes, including self-defense; the protection of family and property; hunting and recreational shooting.

COX - Let's do a quick rundown of where you stand on some gun laws our opponents have been pushing for many years. Do you support additional federal regulations of gun shows?

ROMNEY - I do not support further regulation of gun shows.

COX - Federal gun registrations?

ROMNEY - Like the majority of Americans, I do not believe that the United States needs more laws that restrict second amendment rights.

COX - The United Nations has been conducting serious negotiations on a treaty that would likely impose significant regulation of private gun ownership in the United States. The Bush administration strongly apposed this effort as an infringement on American sovereignty. How would a Romney administration approach this issue?

ROMNEY - I am troubled by this. In foreign policy, I am guided by one overwhelming conviction: In an American century, America has the strongest economy and the strongest military in the world. In an American Century, America leads the free world. God did not create this country to be a Nation of followers. America must lead the world or someone else will. Without American leadership, without the clarity of American purpose and resolve, the world becomes a far more dangerous place. Let me make this very clear. As president of the United States, I will devote myself to those ideas, and I will never, ever apologize for America. So by the same token, I will never support or enforce any treaty that attempts to restrict our fundamental rights, or tries to harmonize our constitutional rights with all of the less-free nations in the world.

I wish I could find a link to this article online but so far there is nothing, I'll keep looking and update this thread if I do find one or maybe someone could post a link here.

----> PLEASE NOTE! I am NOT endorsing Romney, I just thought I would share with GLP what I read in my NRA magazine.

Thanks!
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP