Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject Smart Meter...RANT!!!!!!
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message I know this is long...but this is a good story. Everyone in America should be worried over just how far DHS is reaching into our lives.

On June 16, 2012, some thug from Oncor power rattled me out of bed by pounding on my front door. He woke me up, shoved a door hanger in my face that read, “We’ve just installed a smart meter on your home”, and told me I needed to open my gate to let him into my back yard.

Having just jumped out of bed I said, “Hold on, let me get dressed. I will talk to you in a minute.” I threw on some clothing and went outside to confront the big burly intimidating dude sporting a hard hat.

I explained that I did not want a smart meter installed on my home for two reasons. One, I am EMF sensitive. Two, I feel that electronic surveillance by Oncore/TXU was a violation of my fourth amendment rights. He responded, “Well, If you do not let us into your yard, we will turn your power off.” I replied, “Go ahead, and do it.”

We exchanged words and he threatened to call the police on me because I WAS HARASSING HIM! Really? At that point, I told him to get off my property, went back into my house and locked the door.

Immediately, I printed out a sign that read, “We refuse to allow you to install a smart meter on our premises. We object to this because of privacy and health issues,” signed and dated it then duct taped it to my existing power meter. I took photos of my meter and the notice that I posted.

For the next 2 days, I was on the phone calling my government representatives. What I discovered is there were two bills in congress, which both contain smart meter language.

One was CISPA the internet security bill that allows DoE to evaluate smart meters for energy efficiency. It also allows DHS to monitor them for abnormal power usage that may indicate illegal activity. The second bill was HR 3674 sponsored by Dan Lungren of CA.

Over the next few months, I watched with interest as Texans debated smart meters. Currently, the Texas state legislature is considering an opt-out program for the smart meters.

I also received a personal letter from Senator Jane Nelson that states, “It is very likely that this issue will be revisited by the next Legislature. Please know I will keep your concerns firmly in mind during our discussions.”

Fast forward to today.

I walked around the side of my house to get something out of the shed and was horrified to discover that sometime in the past few days a smart meter was installed was on my house!

Not only did they install a smart meter but they scaled a 6-foot solid wood fence and busted the top of the fence into pieces in their effort to gain illegal access to my property. (Of course, I have pictures and videos of the damage)

I phoned the police who explained to me that since I have a 6 - foot fence and a locked gate with no public access, the Oncor people were in total violation of criminal trespass. Tomorrow I will be on the phone with everyone including the Texas State Attorney General to voice my complaints.

All that being said, I feel like I have been raped! I feel totally violated and not safe in my own home! I denied access to these people months ago, yet they find a way to scale my fence like Seal Team 6 going after Bin Laden and slip away without being noticed only to leave a path of destruction in their wake.

Actually I’m glad I did not catch them trespassing. If I did, you would probably be hearing some trumped up version of this story on the evening news.

And I don’t like handcuffs or orange jumpsuits. I'm mad as hell and really upset!!!

Anyone else have a smart meter story to share?
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP