Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject Cannabis 'may be reclassified'
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message Cannabis 'may be reclassified'

Published: 5 Jan 2006
By: Channel 4 News

Home Secretary Charles Clarke has dropped a heavy hint that cannabis could be reclassified as a Class B drug - less than a year after it was downgraded by his predecessor.

>>Watch the report

David Blunkett took the decision to reclassify cannabis as Class C, but Mr Clarke said he was concerned about medical evidence linking the drug to mental illness.

Before making a decision, he's considering a report from an advisory group he appointed to look at this link.

However on the Channel 4 News at Noon, political Editor Gary Gibbon said said Charles Clarke had received no evidence for a reclassification.

"As I understand it the advice that is currently in front of the Home Secretary states categorically that there are no grounds for the reclassification of cannabis.

"I spoke to one member of the council who said that the new evidence that had been put in front of them was ridiculous and that it was shallow, thin evidence.

"Of course there were causes for concern over mental illness - and there always had been causes for concern.

"But as I understand it, although there may have been one objection in the whole of this very large council, they have absolutely said no to reclassification"

[link to www.channel4.com]

Can you say 4:20 my friends? :stoner:
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

News