Users Online Now: 1,888 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 991,012
Pageviews Today: 1,807,092Threads Today: 629Posts Today: 13,232
08:26 PM

Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject Six confirmed cases- two have died...2,900 have stayed in the tent cabins since mid June, gestation is 6 weeks
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – The state’s Department of Public Health says we should continue with our plans this holiday weekend even if they include camping at Yosemite National Park.

Six confirmed cases of hantavirus there, in which two visitors died, are giving people second-thoughts about playing outdoors.

Tonight, we’re taking a closer look at this potentially fatal disease and what you can do to protect you and your family.

“I’ve never been so sick in my entire life,” said Nicole Lapeyrade, a Placerville resident.

Nicole says for six weeks, she felt she was going to die after staying at Yosemite’s Curry Village in early July.

“My muscles hurt, I had a really bad sore throat, every time I got up, I wanted to pass out,” said Nicole.

Thinking she had the flu or pneumonia, Nicole didn’t see a doctor but because she’s a physician’s assistant, she did get a blood test at her lab.

The results showed she had the antibodies for hantavirus, meaning she was exposed to the virus.

“If this is the hantavirus, I feel extremely lucky,” said Nicole.

Lucky because since hantavirus was first identified in 1993, there have been 587 documented U.S. cases, and about a third were fatal.

Symptoms take one to six weeks to develop. They include fever, headache, muscles aches, dizziness, chills, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea and abdominal pain.

Yosemite park officials sent emails and letters to 2,900 visitors who stayed at Curry Village’s Signature Tent Cabins between mid-June and late August.
All 91 of those cabins have now been shut down indefinitely.

[link to sacramento.cbslocal.com]

[link to www.cdc.gov]
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP