Users Online Now: 1,846 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 706,248
Pageviews Today: 1,286,153Threads Today: 611Posts Today: 10,412
02:21 PM

Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject Phantom Planet???? What does it look like to you?
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message This was one of many posted reference photos in Nin's Solar flare thread today and I thought wow!!! what the heck is that phantom planetary orb at the 10 o'clock position? I do not think this is one of those "cavities" that form at the end of filaments. Also, the orb appears to be both back lit and front lit.

Update 9-6-12. Call me crazy but it looks like the same orb within the oval orb at 10'oclock, forget about the streaks.

[link to sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net]

Edit 2:20am The screen shot in my thread is no longer there, here is the movie of the same thing. Pammiebeth on page 2 very kindly supplied this. Watch all the way til the very end, you will see the "orb" propelled off by the CME. Thanks

[link to sohowww.nascom.nasa.gov]

Here is a replacement for the origninal, someone helped me out.
[link to sohowww.nascom.nasa.gov]

1:50am EDIT EDIT EDIT, has anyone noticed my phantom orb is no longer there????? Whaddup wit dat? Somehow the screen shot got changed from 9-03-12 23: something to 9-04-12. I didn't change it. Apparently, they update that pic so I have lost it, I will try to go and recap it, sorry.

Here it is in a subsequent frame

Sun9312

sun9312-2
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP