Users Online Now: 1,967 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 361,515
Pageviews Today: 597,099Threads Today: 203Posts Today: 3,618
08:16 AM

Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject "White Horse" Prophecy about a Mormon saving the constitution when it hangs by a thread and hardly anything here about that????
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message REALLY???...I just heard about this...so there is some Mormon Prohpecy thing from the 1800's about how the US Constitution will be "Hanging by a thread" and some Mormon elder comes to power and saves it and the United states?

Does anyone else think that is at least a little bit interesting considering the actual real events that currently are and have been happening?

Now I'm not real uber religious, Yes I do believe in god, typical Catholic who might go to church for Christmas and Easter...."Part timer" I guess...lol...I always thought it was most important to have a personal level relationship with God and live your life as a decent person than anything else, always maintained that "No one really knows" about God, the afterlife, anything...and that's why it's called "Faith" because nothing concerning God is ever going to be scientifically proven as fact, you have to want to believe it, taken on faith, and the only people who really DO know?...they ain't talkin cause they're DEAD..lol...

It seems to me that Mitt Romney, a Mormon, isn't as governed by his religion as say a Santorum or Bachman are...saying my Christian faith, my Christian faith, as a Christian I whatever, every 5 minutes...dude...God isn't going to wing lightning bolts down on your ass if you lighten up on something...really...I don't think he wants to micro manage every little thing and it seems to me that he lightened up quite a bit after he had a kid...so maybe there can be a tad less of that old testiment fire and brimstone smote people stuff over some technicality, ummkay?....especially when it comes to Govt.

Romney doesn't seem to me to be locked in a box when it comes to some religious ideology. He hasn't snuffed out abortion for instance, when he could have at least stomped the hell out of it as Governor of Mass, which is a sore point for some of the more religious types. My position on that has always been reduce the need or want and reduce the number of abortions, not make it illegal...hasn't that question already been decided?...move on and reduce the number of abortions. No we don't need to be paying for free abortions with taxpayer dollars and we also don't need to be paying to supply people with free birth control either. Stop acting like getting pregnant is some frikkin mystical science that no one understands...if it wasn't figured out right after we figured out how to make fire?...then it was damn close...Don't fuck the chick or put a rubber on your dick, duh, costs like 10 fuckin cents so grow the fuck up and shut the fuck up already about some "womens health war" bullshit and get the fuck over it already...it's not the religious question of the century or any other thing that is so monumental.

So Romney doesn't appear to wear his religion on his sleeve like some of the other politicians do. He certainly hasn't governed so when he did have the chance to. However...if there is some Mormon Prophecy about a church elder riding in to save the constitution when it's "hanging by a thread"?...wouldn't that be at least some sort of positive religious driving force factor?...it's got be a click or two better than destruciton apockylips world on fire four horseman croakin the dog fuck out of everything at least a little bit...lol..right?...maybe we can hold that one off for few years..at least!...

I find the whole thing pretty fascinating, at least at some level and that it directly mentions the constitution, that there is love for it and that the main Mormon dude Joseph Smith said, "I love the Constitution; it was made by the inspiration of God and it will be preserved and saved by the efforts of the White Horse, and by the Red Horse who will combine in its defense "...the "RED" horse?....the color of the Republican party?...Yeah I know the Mormons are a "modern religion" that was formed in the 1800's and of course were aware that the Constitution existed and didn't "predict" that, but still this whole "Prophecy" seems pretty keyed into the current issues of today.

Yeah I know they got some whacky shit too, holy underpants or whatever, but ALL religions do...Jewish people got them beenie hats and the hardcore ones got some real nutty outfits...Catholics got Pope and Bishop hats...Mooselimbs...don't EVEN get started on their crazy gear...all religions have some sort of old timey weirdo stuff going on whether it's the garb or the ceremony, but at least the Mormons don't seem to lighting Goats on fire or doing human sacrifices or any other way whacked junk...lol...so they ride around on bikes with a white button shirt and tie and pass out some literature, that's not really too bad....at least it ain't like VooDoo witch doctor shit...lol..!!!

Here's some links and quotes about the "White horse Prophecy"...Seems the Mormans don't take it real ultra seriously, that it's not a part of "Church Doctrine", but it's still out there and comes from the main heavy duty dude...

Journal of Discourses, Vol. 2, p. 182, Brigham Young, February 18, 1855

Brethren and sisters, our friends wish to know our feelings towards the Government. I answer, they are first-rate, and we will prove it too, as you will see if you only live long enough, for that we shall live to prove it is certain; and when the Constitution of the United States hangs, as it were, upon a single thread, they will have to call for the "Mormon" Elders to save it from utter destruction; and they will step forth and do it.

We love the Constitution of our country; it is all we could ask; though in some few instances there might be some amendments made which would better it.

[link to www.utlm.org]

[link to en.wikipedia.org]

[link to en.fairmormon.org]
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP