Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject Need Help/Insight-Psychological Effects of Hunting
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message Hi everyone! I have been trying to find some information, and not much has turned up. I figured I would turn to the eclectic group here on GLP, and see what you guys had to say.

I have come to a point in my life, where I feel completely detached from the hunter-gatherer side of my human self. I have learned about local wild edible plants, but going out and finding those has only done so much for my psyche.

I am recently coming out of a depression. I went through a phase in my life that I feel completely un-masculine. I don't "get off" from doing well at work, and only somewhat from at school, I really feel I need to reconnect with nature, and go find my own food. I want to go deer hunting. In anthtropology, I have learned about different cultures and hunting, and how mates are more likely to choose a male who shares his spoils. I really feel like there is something to this...and I hope what I'm saying makes sense. I am not a "redneck" or a hick. I want to use a bow, or as I have only recently learned a little about, endurance hunt.

So additionally, does anyone know anything about endurance hunting/have done it?

Deer are abundant in my area, I live in the country on my parents land. I had a spiritual experience a few years ago that lead me to this conclusion. So what say ye, glp?
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP