Users Online Now: 1,621 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 385,203
Pageviews Today: 618,836Threads Today: 193Posts Today: 3,676
07:49 AM

Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject CNBC's Jim Cramer: “My dad, a vet, won’t be allowed to vote in Pennsylvania because hes Elderly and Cant Prove his Citizenship
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message Jim Cramer: Voter ID Law Will Disenfranchise My Dad

CNBC host Jim Cramer said Tuesday that his father was among the estimated 750,000 registered voters in Pennsylvania who lack a state-issued form of identification.

“My dad, a vet, won’t be allowed to vote in Pa. because he does not drive, he is elderly, and can’t prove his citizenship,” Cramer wrote on Twitter.

Many elderly voters, including those who have voted in at least the past fifty elections, will have trouble voting under the law.

A Pennsylvania Supreme Court hearing on the constitutionality of the state’s voter ID law begins on Thursday. The law is also the subject of a Justice Department investigation evaluating whether the law is discriminatory under the Voting Rights Act.

[link to tpmmuckraker.talkingpointsmemo.com]
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP