Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject walk away from your mortgage ??? they are commin for YOU
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message Strategic defaulters, beware. The feds are coming for you. And they are not happy.

"We are working with Fannie and Freddie to build a mechanism" to identify strategic defaulters, Wolfe said at a recent mortgage industry conference. So if you walked away from one property and bought another, chances are fairly good that the OIG is going to find you.

If you conveniently left off the fact that you have an outstanding mortgage you failed to pay, or that you have a deficiency judgment against you for the difference between what you owe and what the house sold for at foreclosure, you've committed mortgage fraud.

"Debts that haven't been repaid don't just go away," said a Treasury Department official who asked not to be named. "It doesn't matter whether it's on your credit report or not."

If there is any indication that you falsified information on your new loan application, the OIG is "absolutely" going to refer you for criminal prosecution, Wolfe said. "We're not just going to demand repayment," he said. "We're going to lock (people) up."

And if you think the mortgage cops won't find you, think again. The OIG's investigative office alone has a 45-person staff, "all experienced people with 15 to 20 years as investigators and prosecutors," according to Peter Emerzian, deputy inspector general in the Office of Investigations.

They work out of 11 field offices, soon to be 14, nationwide, and they're looking for you.

the whole story here
[link to www.chicagotribune.com]

all i have to say is GOOD!!! i pay my mortgage every month even though i'm up-side down like the titanic.

all you trendy yuppie fucks walking away fuk you !!!

your as responsible for this mess we are in as the greedy banksters !!!!!!!

rant lmao
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP