Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject realise what sink holes are PIN THIS
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message realise what sink holes are ,

and why the bad smells are all around the areas,

it upsets me to think of all the worried people thinking about this,

please do your own reserch,

it looks like sinkholes are volcanic lava tubes from long ago,

they travel hundreds of miles underground from magma cavens, and from ancient volcanos, and other places,
as the earthquakes are on the rise and the earth shakes, the plugs of lava and dirt at the end of these tubes or tunnels fall down, and any gasses come out,

any pressure under the earth will release in two ways, either , volcanos, or through the lava tubes,

as the earth continues to swell back and forth due to the sun, which is waiting to go into its solar maximum,
for its final clensing of the earth,

the tubes will then become active,
i'm not a fear monger, but i would move away from these holes, i may be wrong, so dont take my word for this,
and i'm sorry if i am,

God bless.

ps sorry for the bad spelling,

There is a certain science to the spying out of larger holes and caves in a lava field, certain signs and markers I had become alert to while in the field yesterday, and though we had left the lava behind us, such awareness had not deserted me; in the late morning, after the rain had quit, I was drawn to examine a particular hemlock growing oddly askew, which investigation found the tree tilted over a cavernous sinkhole. I am still agile, or as much as can be expected at middle age, and did not hesitate to shinny along the tree trunk to a point that allowed a short drop to a sloping rock ledge, which then allowed of a careful descent, tossing pebbles ahead as I groped into darkness by the insignificant flare of matches. Quickly it was clear: this was a reverberating, pitch-black passage of huge proportions.

This entrance proved to be a small lava sink littered with rock rubble, which after one hundred feet or so let into the sidewall of a very long, high-ceilinged throughway grooved with flow marks and a whole succession of shallow ledges. At other places in the lava field there had, of course, been open gullies and intermittent stone bridgework, which must be the skylighted leavings and minor versions of such caves; but this one was a considerable size — entirely intact. I am no spelunker but have read enough to know: they are formed by rivers of lava which, cooling, forms a thick top crust and simultaneously eats away the ground beneath its molten stream, so that when the eruption is finished and the lava drains away, what is left is a through tunnel. The small light cast by the bicycle lantern made a circle of dim illumination that allowed us to see the tube stretching away in both directions for an indeterminate length, and the ceiling twice higher than hand's reach. I have read of tunnels thousands of feet long: Ole Peterson's Mount St. Helens Lava Cave, which cannot be more than a dozen miles from here, is a modestly famous international destination for tourists and speleologists.

[link to www.nytimes.com]
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP