Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject need some advice from you old people
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message (incoming wall of text)

Hello, internet shamans, drop some wisdom on me.

As a 21 year old...

I'm young you know, supposed to be gaining the life skills to establish a footing in the world. I happen to live in a society that requires me to make money in order to survive, and so I go to university in order to gain skills necessary for a practical career. Beyond the occasional manual labor job my dad would hook me up with, I've never had a legitimate job. I feel completely inexperienced in how I should go about functioning in the world.

Then again, the future is so uncertain these days, I don't feel as if my plans matter.

I'm looking out the window and the entire fucking planet is going mad, WWIII seems inevitable, tyranny and martial law is just around the corner, the economy is collapsing, foot riots will occur within the near future. At the moment it all seems rather bleak.

It's weird you know, I think about you old folks, people born in the mid-1940s to late 50s, we were raised in completely alien environments. You babyboomers were raised during the Golden Age Leave it to Beaver America (i know that's highly idealized vision), economy was kicking ass, 1950s-1970s music was great, if you wanted to go and work all you had to do was get a job, which was easy. The dollar was really worth something. If you were clever during the 1980s-90s you could make a lot of money fast with all the computer industries springing up. Sure there was a lot of bad shit going on, just as any time in history, but it seemed nice in a lot of ways.

I feel like a parasite on my parents, they're getting older and all, and I'm a young robust male - I should go out on my own and make something of myself. I want to help my parents, they brought me into this world and I should smoothly bring them out of it, don't want to put stress on them. At the moment though I feel completely stuck since I'm having legitimate troubles acquiring a job, so I just go along and continue my schooling (which is mainly just propaganda and half-truths). It's quite frustrating.

I've spent time organizing my family for when the shit hits the fan, got food and defense measures, actively forming networks with trusted people.

I guess I'm curious in what some of you older baby-boomers think about the circumstances that young-adults find themselves in, and how/what we should be focusing on?
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP