Users Online Now: 1,426 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 269,422
Pageviews Today: 429,702Threads Today: 156Posts Today: 2,760
04:40 AM

Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject Any brilliant theories as to who the Bride of Christ is OTHER than the church?
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message You guys are smart. Just think outside the box for a bit.

Lots of concepts in the Bible have duel meanings so what if the wife of the lamb is something else ALONG with also being the consortium of believers. Or maybe people take Paul's allegories to Christ loving his church too literally and the church is just his body and NOT his wife.

Anyway who could this wife of the lamb/Bride of Christ be if we stretch our minds? The most direct reference to who it is, is The New Jerusalem. That is confusing.

The whole scrap of parchment referring to Jesus' wife got me thinking about this because everyone is assuming it must be referring to a wife he had in the past when I believe it can easily be a wife he WILL have.

Also it refers to us being the guests at the wedding so it seems to me that someone else other than us is the Bride.

Random Ideas that pop into my mind:
-The Holy Spirit in either God form or human form
-Just a random chick God picks who will be the Queen of Heaven referred to in Psalms
-Someone who has earned it somehow in their life... maybe like in The Lord of The Rings they have carried evil with them their whole life to help others. Demons channel to them somehow...
-Earth
-A fraction of some believers
-A reincarnation of Eve (since Jesus is the last Adam)
-The woman crowned with the moon and 12 stars in Revelation

I don't know why this topic fascinates me. I like the idea of the Bible being an epic love story and Jesus getting some HUGE reward for becoming a human for eternity.
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP