Users Online Now: 1,223 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 181,862
Pageviews Today: 305,363Threads Today: 96Posts Today: 1,853
04:29 AM

Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject Here is exactly how "Obamacare" will affect me and my family starting next year.....
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message I currently have health insurance with my company. It's a pretty good plan as health insurance plans go, I have heard of worse for sure.

My cost right now is $370 per month to cover myself and my entire family (split over two checks at $185 per check). The company-paid part of our insurance cost the company $15,500 per year, per employee (somewhat less for individuals only but not by much).

I am friends with the HR person as XYZ Corp (not the real name obviously) and this person told me that the company is seriously considering taking the $2000 per employee tax hit for not offering coverage, thereby forcing all of us into the government plan. In their words - "Yeah, this would suck and the coverage would not be nearly as good, but the company would save over $10,000 per employee."

My company has 86 employees. That's $860,000 per year the company would save by forcing us into Obamacare.

Many of us employees have talked about this and even considered walking off the job to at least demand most of the savings back in the form of an increase in pay (since it costs the company XX dollars to employ each of us already) but with the economy as bad as it is, it's risky. Mind you most of us are highly skilled and qualified and the company would take a huge productivity hit if we walked - but then again, saving $860,000 per year - maybe they could absorb it.

I firmly believe that Obamacare, and the current economic situation, are playing hand-in-hand intentionally.

Why did the Dems/Liberals pass Obamacare? To serve their constituents and give them freebies.

Why did the Reps/Conservatives pass Obamacare? To save their fat cat constituents money and pad their wallets.

We can't win with this shit.

Oh well, at least it'll be fun in the "end of days" when all these people are standing in judgement and have to justify themselves. That'll be fun.
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP