Users Online Now: 2,204 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 1,291,022
Pageviews Today: 2,155,440Threads Today: 867Posts Today: 15,362
08:27 PM

Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject I am the parent of a child with Oppositional Defiant Disorder/ADHD. There is relief for parent AND child.
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message Most people think that when their child is continually oppositional and defiant that there is something going on with their parenting skills that is making the child behave this way.

myth.

Some people say to me, if you would just spank your child she wouldn't act this way.

Lemme tell ya. If it was that simple, we wouldn't be here today with this problem.

Oppositional Defiant Disorder is a mental disorder that is in the wiring of the brain. These kids are born this way, as many a parent of ODD kids will tell you. They know something is wrong very early in their lives, but can't figure out why or what is causing it.

These kids cannot tolerate anything that closely resembles any authority, limits, or control over them. Parenting these kids requires ditching all traditional parenting styles, and new strategies that involve eliminating power struggles and careful boundary setting.

It's not easy.

These kids are oppositionally defiant in their personality. There is no parent in the world that can change another's personality.

Any parent, who is today feeling the emotional exhaustion, frustration, and low self-esteem from dealing with a child with Oppositional Defiant Disorder and/or ADHA, just remember you are not alone.

There is a solution. And it works. I know, because I am a parent of a very gifted O.D.D. child.

This is an example of a parent with ODD child. It is very distressing:

Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP