Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject Let's CANCEL doom and TALK COLLEGE FOOTBALL... MY top 10 rankings
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message A lot has happened in the first quarter of the football season so far. Some teams have proven they're over rated and some have shown a glimpse of what it takes to be a champion. You can tell by my username that i'm a Gator fan, however this list is unbiased.

I am going to put down MY top 10 in CFB:

1. Bama

No doubt on this one, Alabama looks like they didn't miss a beat from the last few years. I'm happy to see Bama doing as good as they are, it makes the SEC look good and Bama has a lot of tradition and history. I would put Bama up against the worst team in the NFL and give them a 50/50 chance of winning.

2. LSU

TBH i'm putting LSU here on reputation alone. While I do think they're a top 5 team, they have weaknesses that will be exposed further into the season. I highly doubt they will remain here for too long.

3. FSU

Ok ok... I know i'm going to get flack from the PAC-12 tards over this one, but FSU has one hell of a defense and a pretty good running game to go with it. They will be difficult to beat and they have a really easy path to the BCS.

4. South Carolina

Three SEC teams in the top 5?? Just wait I haven't even finished the top 5 yet! This ranking depends solely on Conner Shaw's ability to remain healthy. This weekend will show us what he's made of. Also, its Spurrier... Nuff said?

5. Oregon

This was a hard one to choose. Simply because Oregon has played no one and won't play anyone until well into the season. So far they have shown they have the speed on both sides of the ball to compete in the BCS. Lets give them this ranking until we see them face a good defense.

6. Georgia

Defense defense defense... The SEC is stacked with teams that know how to defend against the best offenses in the CFB world. Georgia's first real test will be against Florida in the "Worlds largest outdoor cocktail party".

7. Clemson

These guys know how to run the ball. I will be watching the FSU/Clemson game closely this weekend. One of these two teams will be exposed.

8. Florida

The team everyone loves to hate. The Gators have a good chance to reclaim some glory this season under Wil Muschamp. To go on the road to two mid level SEC teams and win in hostile environments is a tough task alone. Jeff Driskel has matured to a pretty good QB in just three games. If he continues to mature the Gators will be in the race for the SEC title game. We will know more in early October when the LSU Tigers come to Gainesville.

9. Notre Dame

Again, defenses win championships. Notre Dame has been great on the defensive side of the ball. The offense has started to click. Will Notre Dame compete for a National title? No. But they will shake things up in the National Title race later in the season.

10. Stanford

They beat USC, badly. Sure the score wasn't a blow out but USC had no answers for how Stanford played. USC = Overrated and Stanford can ride that win into my top 10 until they lose to Oregon later in the season.

Are there teams that deserve to be in the top 10 that I didn't rank? Let's hear it and why!
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP