Users Online Now: 2,153 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 873,810
Pageviews Today: 1,188,415Threads Today: 330Posts Today: 5,289
10:05 AM

Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject I had a strange time travel dream, need interpretation.
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message I have always thought time travel would be kind of cool, but when it happened to me (in my dream), it kind of sucked the big one.

I have heard it said that time is an illusion. If this is true, wouldn't it be possible t make a time jump of 41 years in your own mind?

It was so disstubing a dream, it's hard to begin to describe it. I was riding in a van with a group of old people. I glanced at a newspaper that had the date July 16, 2053. I looked at my arm and I saw that I was also old. The date would put me at age 85. My brother, who is a few years younger than me was on the trip as well.

The van pulled up outside a baseball stadium. It seems the Cincinnati Reds were hosting the Chicago Cubs. I asked my brother when was the last year the Reds won a World Series? He told me 2052, as I well know. I whispered to him that I had travelled from the year 2012, but he just gave me a strange look. Keeping the conversation on baseball, I asked him what ever became of Joey Votto? He told me nothing, as he was managing the game today. I looked to the dugout and saw a grey haired 68 year old Joey Votto sitting on the Reds bench.

I must have faded out, because when I came to again we were back at the nursing home. I know the majority of you would say you would ask about elections, doom prophesies and the new world order, but the only thing I could think of at the time was my family. The only general thing I knew ofr sure was that cars still existed, and major league baseball was still being played. I asked the nurses about my wife and kids, and the general answer I got was "You don't need to get yourself worked up about that Mr. Ford. You've had a bid day, you should come down and take a nap." I was getting increasingly upset, then I recognized one of the nurses.

"You. I know you. You are much older now, but I know you and you know me. Tell me what happened to my family." but before she could answer, I was grabbed and sedated. I was taken to my room that I shared with my brother. I looked over at him and I saw that he had soiled himself and he was left to marinate. As consciusness escaped me, I told him everything was going to be alright, that I was going to go back to 2012 and find some way to keep us out of the nursing home. As I drifted off to sleep I thought of the date Sept 22, 2012. I awoke on the couch in my living room. "I made it back." I spoke to myself outloud.

Some aspect of the dream started to fade as soon as I woke up. The whole thing was probably my vivid imagination. but part of me feels that my consciousness time travelled within my own body. Or, I have been replaced by my older self who wished to escape an unpleasant situation.

This got me thinking, what if there is no death, but our minds just revert back to an earlier time and we get a chance to do everything over again?
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP