Users Online Now: 1,806 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 760,101
Pageviews Today: 1,297,657Threads Today: 497Posts Today: 9,130
02:31 PM

Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject In Agony With Degenerative Disc Disease - What The Hell Do I Do??
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message While this thread is asking for help for myself, I hope this thread serves some advice for the many other sufferers of this condition around the world...

My Story

On and off for 10 Years I have had a bit of a sore lower left back pain...4 years ago, I was working in a public house moving a 22 gallon keg and my back cracked. I couldn't move for 15 minutes and was in agony. This resulted in me having to give up work and has up to now ruined my life...

In January 2011, I eventually had a MRI scan after 2 years of doctors fobbing me off with tablets. The MRI scan showed I had DDD, I have a number of discs on my left side bulging and impinging my Cal Sack. Also I have a disc that is Dry. I have had physio to no avail and had other tablets that don't really make a difference....

If I walk for more than 10 minutes, I keel over in pain. If I sit too long, I'm in a lot of pain. If I stand up straight for than 20 minutes, I am in pain....For 4 years this has been happening with little help from my many doctors up until May of this year...

In June, a doctor referred me to my local hospital for Spinal injections. I received a letter after a few weeks saying I had to have another MRI Scan...I had this done at the end of June and this also confirmed I had DDD...2 weeks later, I received another letter from the hospital saying that I don't qualify for Spinal Injections, my heart sank and I was stressed out...

I went back to my doctor and he has now referred me to the Pain Clinic..As of now, I am still waiting to be seen by them..

Just last Monday, I started to get this constant horrible pain on the lower left...By Wednesday the pain had moved to my lower spine, half way up my back and to my right hand side lower back...5AM Thursday morning I had to ring my out of hours surgery as I was crying in pain in bed...I was advised to take some inflammatory tablets and pain killers...I did this and all day Thursday, I had pain in my bowels and a bout of diareah...I had to stop the tablets that day....

On Friday, I had to get my doctor to ring me because I couldn't move..He gave me a prescription for Tramadol which my partner picked up for me...After taking these for 3 days now, they have not succeeded in taking any of the pain away...

I am sat here now in really bad pain, not able to sleep and scared to move in case my muscles spasm again as this is what's been happening I think...I am struggling to go to the toilet etc etc...

I have had enough, doctors don't seem to be listening. I have been to them at least 200 times in the last 4 years. I seem to be getting nowhere fast and I'm still suffering..This last week has been the worst time of my life, I have NEVER had pain so bad like this. I have been diagnosed with depression also and my mood is always low. I don't get out anywhere due to being scared of being in agony...

Yesterday was bad to a point that I nearly rang an ambulance. On a pain scale of 1-10, since last Monday, I have been hitting 8 & 9...I feel that it's pointless ringing an ambulance because they might think I'm putting it on...Also, with me knowing what I have, they won't be able to do much anyway...

Does anyone know if I should be on muscle relaxers now, as the spasms in my back are terrible. ATM, I am staying still on the couch, I have a constant ache but bearable but I know if I try and get up, It will be bad again...

Please, some help would be appreciated...Hopefully, others can look back on this thread as well to gain advice...

Thanks
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP