Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject Why Christians Believe Homosexuality, And The Democratic Party Is Wrong
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message This is what I believe, and what a majority of my fellow Christians believe. If I am wrong, then so be it, but that is for God to decide:

The bible can be interpreted multiple ways, and when you consider the many translations and languages that helped to compose it, that is understandable. However, when you consider all of the laws of the Old Testament, you must compare those with the popular belief structure of the time when the book they were contained in was written, so it follows that they were interpreted that way by the humans who wrote about them.

When you further consider ALL of the laws of the Old Testament, then compare them in relation to the message that Jesus gave us, it is easy to delineate and clearly define which laws were distorted by the biases of the time.

What many fail to see, however, is that Jesus did in fact uphold the law against homosexuality when he specifically mentioned "sexual immorality" in the books of Matthew and Mark:

Matthew 15:18-20

18 But the things that come out of the mouth come from the heart, and these make a man unclean. 19 For out of the heart come evil thoughts, murder, adultery, sexual immorality, theft, false testimony, slander. 20 These are what make a man unclean; but eating with unwashed hands does not make him unclean.

Mark 7:20-23

20 He went on: “What comes out of a man is what makes him unclean. 21 For from within, out of men’s hearts, come evil thoughts, sexual immorality, theft, murder, adultery, 22 greed, malice, deceit, lewdness, envy, slander, arrogance and folly. 23 All these evils come from inside and make a man unclean.

If that wasn't specific enough, Jesus declared that when men leave their home, they are to "cling to their wife", NOT their lover:

Matthew 19:5

And he said, “Therefore a man shall leave his father and his mother and shall cleave to his wife and the two of them shall be one flesh.”

The practice of homosexuality goes in contrast to the fact that God represents and cherishes life, something that the practice of homosexuality as well as abortion violate or impugn.

What I see people do often is confuse the sin itself with the punishment for it, which we can all agree should only come from God. Jesus reiterated this fact with the stoning example - since none of us are sinless, it stands to reason that none of us have the right to punish other sinners.

Again, if I am wrong for believing in this very clearly stated logic, then so be it, but that is for God to decide and the teachings of Jesus Christ to dictate, NOT what has been immorally accepted with indifference in modern times.

It is for this very reason that many Christians are now abandoning the Democratic Party for making Gay Marriage part of their official platform. If, in the democratic society of the United States, popular opinion is not well represented by Christian beliefs, then it stands to reason that God and the teaching of Jesus Christ will be eliminated from the country, and will most likely perish under the guise of the abolition of religion from our laws.
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP