Users Online Now: 2,272 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 900,377
Pageviews Today: 1,605,385Threads Today: 679Posts Today: 12,107
06:19 PM

Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject College is a HUGE waste of time and money.
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message I am 20, and MOST of my graduating class is going to college.

When I was in school, I thought I would be a failure because I didn't want to go to college. (LOL)

Thats because every single stupid school PRAISES and ADORES and promotes the idea that "if you do not go to college, you will be a FAILURE the rest of your life working as a garbageman"

NO, here is the problem with all of that propaganda:

1.) in a bad economy, there are not enough high paying jobs for everyone. In fact, there are not enough high paying jobs for even 10% of everyone. There ALWAYS has to be 50 junky low paying jobs for every high paying one, because THE LOW PAYING ONES SUPPORT THAT 100$ PER HOUR JOB! You can't have a kingdom without serfs! That is why minimum wage has to be higher, because if nobody worked at McDonalds and everyone was a high paid "professional" there would be no economy or production.

2.) The percentages of people from my graduating class that are going to college is insane, almost everyone goes. Now, tell me how even half or even 25% of the kids in my school are going to get a high paying job? They simply WILL NOT. They will be paying off that degree for the rest of their life, if our currency holds up that long (it probably won't)

3.) No offense to anyone, but in order to benefit from that degree you have to be ABOVE AVERAGE intelligence AND ambitious. Most college kids are neither of those, and they simply scoot past classes and have sex and drink beer and act dumb like they will the rest of their lives.

4.) The courses at colleges are the absolute biggest piles of garbage I have ever seen in my life, almost worse than public school. You are paying over 100$ a day to stay at the school and go to these classes, and most of them are either someone rambling about a topic they are not a true expert in, or something retarded like Yoga or bowling. (no kidding, my friend said he took yoga and bowling classes for college credits.)

It is NOT what it used to be, stop believing the lies of college, the owners of the colleges are in it for the money and that is IT.

EDIT: I forgot to mention, I was able to find (thank you God) a good job at a place that has plenty of opportunity and is paying 11.40 an hour right now, just got a 1$ raise recently after working there for 2 months. I work hard at what I have to do, I try to pay attention the best I can. The other kids my age there are generally lazy and don't try their best.

Most kids that go to college just want an easy pass to a high paying job, it does not and never will work that way.
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP