Users Online Now: 2,130 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 1,186,433
Pageviews Today: 1,983,513Threads Today: 792Posts Today: 13,693
07:58 PM

Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject How do you change an intrusive thought?
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message i keep getting this intrusive thought whenever i am around people, its the same bloody one (its a speech one) this is probably the worst kind of intrusive thought, because it is much easier to say something than to grab a knife and stab someone.... i try to stop myself from saying something bad but it gets so bad it gives me an insane headache, today it got so bad i was THAT close to saying something bad... i was in a car so i had no where to walk away... this makes it worse.. being in a car... i dont even think of the intrusive thought its just always there whenever im around people... even if i think of something else i can still feel it

and no i am not going to a doctor/psychiatrist, there must be another way to cure it / make it a better intrusive thought... like instead of "i want to kill people" make it "i like teapots"

is there a way to change it? i have tried and tried but my mind is stuck with the "i want to kill people"

this is bad especially when you are in the doctors waiting room with 30 people.... ive only had it for 2 weeks so i am hopeful it will just fade away soon...
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP