Users Online Now: 1,573 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 77,271
Pageviews Today: 157,743Threads Today: 90Posts Today: 1,272
01:42 AM

Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject Assumption Parish-Sinkhole...END GAME?
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message There have been many threads here about the situation in Assumption Parish, Louisiana. I myself made one a few days ago with tens of thousands of hits. If something is Really going on there, I finally surmised, surely the office of the Sheriff there would have emergency instructions posted on their website, would they not? So I went to the Sheriff's site:

[link to www.assumptionsheriff.com]

Well, guess what that ain't nothing there AT ALL. Nothing. This can only add up to two things-
(1) Nothing happening, move along. No displaced homeowners, no sinkhole, no roads closed, no emergency by Governor Jinal, no water well inculcated with toxic gas...NOTHING. Or,
(2) This is much bigger than even we here at GLP are aware of.

The Sheriff is the top law enforcement agency and the Sheriff is an elected official. In an emergency the Sheriff has extraordinary powers. Here is a quote on CNN from last month.....Assumption Parish Sheriff Mike Waguespack said Thursday he is now concerned the sinkhole is close to a well containing 1.5 million barrels of liquid butane, a highly volatile liquid that turns into a highly flammable vapor upon release. A breach of that well, he said, could be catastrophic and Assumption Parish Police ordered the evacuation of all residents in the area [link to articles.cnn.com]

So, the Sheriff says on CNN "catastrophic", yet there is NOTHING on his departments website. Strange to say the least. Notice that the department Ordered the Evacuation of all residents in the area. Why is None of this info on the official Sheriffs website. Any thoughts?
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP