Users Online Now: 2,149 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 2,170,617
Pageviews Today: 3,016,192Threads Today: 707Posts Today: 14,272
10:46 PM

Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject Why Don't People Wash Their Hands After Using The Bathroom?
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message We've all heard about the study showing that some 70% of the shopping carts in grocery stores had traces of fecal matter on them. Ever since this drew my alarm, I've started noticing how few people wash their hands in public restrooms, even after taking a crap.

My daughter noticed the same thing in elementary school, as virtually every little girl-all from solid, middle class families-neglected to wash their hands, even after doing a number two. One of my bosses- a real big shot- was in the rest room at work recently when I came in. I was appalled when she exited the stall (it was obvious she'd been "busy" in there for a while) and just walked out of the rest room with a big smile, without washing her hands.

My question is; how can this be possible? Are we now living in a Third World country, where basic rules of cleanliness are not important? Weren't we all potty trained, and told at that point to wash our hands afterwards? What kind of people don't teach their kids this? More importantly, what kind of kids learn this, but then somehow decide it's better to not wash their hand after it's been wiping their butt? Are there really successful, intelligent adults who think it's okay to leave the restroom with fecal matter on their hands?

Maybe it's always been this way and I just never noticed before, but I have to believe this is more of a disturbing recent trend. Needless to say, the proliferation of fecal matter on shopping carts, on ice cubes in restaurants and other common areas represents a real public health hazard. Has anyone else noticed this? Do people even care? Were you all trained to wash your hands? Do any of you not wash your hands after bathroom visits? All comments welcomed.
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP