Users Online Now: 2,060 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 992,215
Pageviews Today: 1,846,945Threads Today: 893Posts Today: 16,084
08:23 PM

Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject When Bush was President I owned companies, had up to 75 employees, AVERAGE take home around 385k a year, and owned @ least three homes. Now...
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message When Bush was President I owned two companies (one with my husband), his had up to 75 employees and mine up to 4.
We owned @ least three homes from the years 2000 to 2009 (rental, personal and @ least one spec at all times).
We had a average credit score of 835, mine was higher than my husband's :0)

AND NOW...

Closed one company and bankrupted another in 2010 (we were treading water from 2007-2010). One was building second homes, another was a restaurant.

Short sold (feel good word for forclose) 2 houses, and had a third forclose on us.

My husband and I are both in school full time about to finish up degrees that we never finished when we were younger. We also both work full time for under $10 an hour. We get food stamps and medicaid for our boys, Federal Pell grants for school, and subsidized student loans as well.

By Dec. of 2013 we will both be graduated and hope to make at that time around $60k (gross) a year (if we can both get full time work).

It still seems like yesterday that life was simpler and less stressed, when I could go to the store and not have to check my bank account every time before leaving. I miss that life!!!!

I BET YOU CAN'T GUESS WHO I AM VOTING FOR???!!!???

Don't give me the it is all Bush's fault, because I don't buy that! Nor do I think that it is all Obama's fault!

I believe the main reason (there are many others) for the mess we are in is due to the laws that came into effect in the late 90's early 2000's that forced banks to loan money to people with no jobs, or mortgage a house that they could not afford.

Can't wait for the debate!!!popcorn
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP