Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject Never been to jail before now...advice please
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message So I got charged with a couple of misdemeanors last night and I'm wondering what to expect from the trial, and maybe some of you can offer some advice also.

So I went out to the bar last night and afterwards went to my friend's house to party before he moves out this week. There were a lot of people there and we got a noise complaint sometime around 3, and a cop showed up. I was on the porch at the time and talked to him when he came up to the house. I cooperated and told everyone they had to go home, helped him get everyone out of the house etc...well, I have a huge problem with authority, and 4 more cops show up, even though we're cooperating fully and people are leaving. They begin demanding that we let them into the house, and I'm starting to seriously run my mouth at them. I definitely went out of line, which I usually do during encounters with police, whether I'm sober or not, but I was still physically cooperating and making sure people were leaving. Eventually I start to leave, still talking a lot of shit, and I'm about 3 houses down from the party house, my back to the house, walking away, and I hear people running up behind me. Next thing I know I'm tackled to the ground and one of the 2 cops who tackled me is choking me. At this point I'm furious, but certainly not physical, I never ever get physical with cops. So I start screaming "I AM NOT RESISTING, STOP CHOKING ME" which obviously only pissed the cops off more. So they arrest me and I wind up downtown, thinking they're just gonna release me in the morning after I sober up....2:30pm rolls around and I'm starting to go crazy, and they take my mugshot, fingerprints, and tell me I'll be seeing a judge. I'm not happy. I got charged with Obstructing a Police Officer's Duty, and Disturbing the Peace.
Now, I agree with the Disturbing the Peace charge, cuz yeah I was screaming and talking shit at 3am...but I was NOT obstructing their duty, in fact I was ASSISTING them in getting people out of the house and home, I just wasn't happy about it and I felt like they were being bullies. So anyway I plead Not Guilty cuz I didn't know what else to do (They DID NOT allow me to call or talk to ANYONE until AFTER I spoke to the judge....I'm not sure if that's even legal) I requested a phone call and consultation from an attorney multiple times and it was denied every time.
My friends bailed me out and I went to work about an hour late, extremely tired from sleeping on a cold stone floor with no shoes or jacket, and with a terrible headache, and a whole lot of anger. And now here I am typing this.

Basically, what do you guys think will happen? Will I go to jail? Will I get probation? Will I just pay the fines and go on my way? Should I plead guilty or try and argue the Obstructing an Officer charge? This is my first offense and I do not have a criminal record.
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP