Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject Dear Electoral College: Thank you for making me totally apathetic
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message Dear Electoral College:

Thank you for allowing me to be completely and totally apatethic about the Presidential Election this year. I live in the great state of Utah. It is beautiful here. The mountains are gorgeous and the people are generally nice.

Living in this state gives me a distinct advantage over people who live in states like Florida, Ohio, Virginia, and North Carolina. You see, dear EC (do you mind if I call you "EC"?), there is no way in hell that Mitt Romney will lose the popular vote in the state of Utah. And thanks to you, the winner of the popular vote in my state gets ALL of the votes from my state.

The result of this situation is that it doesn't matter what I do on election day. I could vote, I could bake cookies, I could go on a bender, I could wipe my behind with $100 bills. Nothing I choose to do on election day will impact the election in the slightest.

With this realization comes a great gift. I can now tune out. I can ignore the election all together. I can go back to watching football. Who cares who said what in the debate this week? I have no voice in the process so it does not matter to me.

EC, you are genius. You make the process so much simpler for all of us. Thank you!

Sincerely,

Voiceless Voter

P.S. - Al Gore told me to tell you to piss off! What's he so mad about?
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP