Users Online Now: 1,851 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 1,113,725
Pageviews Today: 1,862,252Threads Today: 757Posts Today: 12,681
06:59 PM

Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject Man working in his garage invents car that runs on fresh air.
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message Engineering firm Ricardo is developing a car engine fuelled by liquid air, based on a prototype built by inventor Peter Dearman.

Using a beer keg to store the liquid and copper pipes from a DIY store, he generated enough power to drive his Vauxhall Nova. "I've probably done 35mph. It probably would go faster but I haven't taken it out on the open road, so I've been limited on space," he said.

He said a liquid air car would overcome some of the problems with electric cars, which are expensive, use scarce materials in their batteries and are best suited to short distances. "It's not the range of the electric car that is the problem, it's the recharging," he said. "With liquid air you have the convenience of the petrol engine in that you can refill it quickly, simply by pouring it into the tank."

(Can't find separate link but it's included in this one).
[link to news.sky.com]
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP