Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject Just Love
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message A few days ago, someone made a thread here about this naked couple on youtube that preach the bible without clothes on. I'm talking stark naked, both of them. Sitting there on a couch with all their junk hanging out, preaching the word of God.

So, I clicked on it out of curiosity, watched a small portion of a video of theirs and was filled with indignation about it. I was MAD dammit, and I wanted to let them know it! It was now my job to let them know how disgusting they were acting and how wrong they were and how right I was. So, I did. I blasted them in the youtube comments. I felt justified in doing it too, because I was right and they were wrong. I had a "right" to blast them because they were "wrong" and I knew it! I was so right, the rightness was dripping off my keyboard. If I had been anymore right, my head would explode! That's how right I was! They were wrong and I knew it! I was on a mission for right, and they were the offenders! So, I had every right to blast them and say something about it and call them disgusting perverts because after all, I was right and they were wrong, and I knew it!!!

Well.....over the last few days I came to realize with God's help that I was wrong too. Hurting someone else, with the self justification of "being right" is also very wrong. I've since apologized to the couple for my comments because I understand that it's between them and God and God will correct them if need be, but my job is to love them. God corrected me and my thinking.

1 Corinthians 13:4-7 "Love is patient and kind; love does not envy or boast; it is not arrogant or rude. It does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful; it does not rejoice at wrongdoing, but rejoices with the truth. Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. Love never ends."

Here's another true little story about being "right". It's about my aunt and 2 of her sons, my cousins.

The 2 sons got into an argument with their mother years ago. Nobody remembers what the original argument was about, none of them even remember. Well, the 2 sons stopped speaking to their mother. They felt "right" and justified because of something that she either said or did, and then she also felt "right" and justified because they were mean to her in retaliation. Both sides were filled with "right" and "justification" and so neither side would budge.

This went on for years. The amount of pain and suffering it caused was not even measurable, not even fathomable. It destroyed them, all of them, from the inside out. It was a cancer that ate them alive. In fact, one of the sons came down with cancer during that time. He recovered, atleast for now.

Well, my aunt died last month. She passed away in her sleep, nobody expected it, especially not her 2 sons.

There was now no more opportunity to be "right". No more opportunity to hold onto that offense, no more opportunity to be justified in your anger. It was over. Now, there was no opportunity to say I'm Sorry.

Sometimes being right doesn't matter. The only thing that matters is showing love to the people that you are around, even if they are "wrong".

1 John 4:7 "Beloved, let us love one another, for love is from God, and whoever loves has been born of God and knows God."

Maybe you're holding a grudge against someone for something. Maybe it's time now to let it go. I hope that sharing these 2 experiences with you helps you see what's truly important, and it ain't about being right. It's about being love.

:loveclouds2:
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP