Users Online Now: 2,127 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 587,538
Pageviews Today: 945,594Threads Today: 376Posts Today: 6,182
10:01 AM

Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject Darden Restaurants (Red Lobster/Olice Garden/LongHorn) Testing Stores WITHOUT Full-Time Employees Due To Obamacare!!
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message Using ALL Part-time staff, but for 2 Managers, due to the expected huge increase in employee costs.
How UNEXPECTEDLY UNEXPECTED!!

From the Orlando Sentinal:
Orlando-based Darden Restaurants has stopped offering full-time schedules to many hourly workers in at least a few Olive Gardens, Red Lobsters and LongHorn Steakhouses.

Darden said the test is taking place in "a select number" of restaurants in four markets, including Central Florida, but would not give details. The company said there has been no decision made about expanding it.

In an emailed statement, Darden said staffing changes are "just one of the many things we are evaluating to help us address the cost implications health care reform will have on our business. There are still many unanswered questions regarding the health care regulations and we simply do not have enough information to make any decisions at this time."
[link to www.orlandosentinel.com]

Surprisingly, Darden Restaurant’s CEO has been a major Obama donor in the past. Of course, thise DEMOCRAT CEO, an evil 1%'r, won't be cutting his own hours, now will he?

Darden, the world’s largest casual-dining company, and one of the nation’s 30 largest employers, said it offers health insurance to all its approximately 185,000 employees. Many are offered a limited-benefit plan. That type of coverage is being phased out under health-care changes, which will ban annual limits for most plans.
How's that Hopey-Changey thingy workin' out for ya, eh?

White Castle is considering the same thing, NO EMPLOYEE may get over 28 hours per week.

If I were the owner of a company, corporation, business or concern that is going to be affected by Obamacare, and I could offload it at a price that would keep me in good comfort the rest of my life, I’d friggin sell it and hide the money in some form that the government could not touch effectively.

If Obama wins reelection, I expect a LOT of small biz owners to sell out, or close, and a a lot of large stock holders to bail. They’re gonna check out, and try to outrun the chaos.

I don’t blame them.
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP