Users Online Now: 1,777 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 997,566
Pageviews Today: 1,661,276Threads Today: 674Posts Today: 11,192
05:04 PM

Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject Bar of soap in bed for leg cramps?
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message Here is something different than the VP debates and typical doom.

So, tonight I asked my nurse friend tonight for anything that would help with tendonitis in my calf. She said drink lots of water, eat bananas, and sleep with a bar of soap by your feet.
wtf

The following hypothesis was contributed by Derek H. Page and Hugh Smailes:

Several years ago, Ann Landers raised a provocative question in her column: does soap at the foot of the bed cure night-time leg cramps? The consensus in the medical community is no: there is no conceivable mechanism by which it could, so any relief derived from this procedure must be due to the placebo effect. In other words, it's all in the mind.

But if it is indeed a placebo effect, it's a remarkably strong one. Many people who have suffered for months, if not years, from painful, nocturnal cramps in their legs and feet have found immediate and long-lasting relief just by slipping a thin, innocent bar of soap beneath the sheets. Some even report relief although they were unaware that a bar of soap had been snuck into bed. Likewise, others whose cramps have mysteriously returned have been nonplussed until they later discover that their bars of soap have fallen from the bed.

[link to www.peoplespharmacy.com]

I couldn't believe my friend actually suggested this, and i figured it would be some sort of placebo effect. I also couldn't believe i actually found websites referring to this.

Allow me to be the first one to call it:
bonghitbsflagbsflagbonghit

What are your thoughts on this?
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP