Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject A Possible Sequence of Events According to Bible Prophecy
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message This is a summary, an outline, of what I personally believe to be the order of events yet to come. I am not predicting any timing as to when this begins, but only offering a possible scenario for what to expect once it does. I'm not claiming to have all knowledge, or to be infallible, or to have anything but reading comprehension to go on; I am not a prophet or seer or have a special standing with God beyond any other believers. And I certainly expect to be wrong about at least some of it, but that can only be known in hindsight.

So I would ask that people don't post ridiculous nonsense (yet somebody will), or flame me for having an opinion they don't like (they do anyway), or expect me to chase every debate challenge thrown at me (and label me a coward for not accepting). It's just an expression of my opinion.

The Bible is not one book but 66 of them, written over a period of over 1400 years, by some 40 different writers on various continents and from various cultures. Yet it carries a unified theme of creation, fall, redemption, mercy, and final justice in the next life. It shows that God changes the parameters from one epoch to another, such that the requirements for gaining His favor are not always the same. People get prophecies all mixed together and reach erroneous conclusions if they don't recognize this critical fact. That is, one cannot lift a prophecy for the nation of Israel and indiscriminately apply it to the "church" and vice versa. Epoch or age is as much a part of context as anything else and cannot be ignored. So proof-texts or "helicopter exegesis" will not fly with me (pun intended); know your ages (a.k.a. "dispensations", which literally means "house rules").
------------------------------------------------------------

1. The Rapture. I believe in the pre-tribulation Rapture of the believers to end this "age of grace through faith", and I believe it solely upon the text of scripture. There are many lies being repeated about some vision of Margaret MacDonald in the middle ages, or Darby, or Schofield, or a hundred other scapegoats who aren't here to defend themselves. Nobody I know who believes in the Rapture depends on those people or writings outside of the Bible.

2. A span of time, anywhere from days to 3-1/2 years. This may be the time of the Seal judgments:
1-4 the four horses (conquest, hot war, economic crash, death of 1/4 the earth's population, and pestilence)
5- mass martyrdom of those holding to "the testimony of Jesus"
6- many huge natural and cosmic disasters
7- a brief respite before the next set of 7 judgments

3. The confirmation or formal enactment of a 7-year treaty that involves "many" people. It is signed by the Antichrist, and marks the beginning of the Tribulation, which also lasts 7 years. The length of the years may be shorter at that time due to the previous natural/cosmic disasters; the likely number of days is 360, which is explicitly stated as such or one of its multiples or divisibles.

4. The seven Trumpet judgments:
1- Hail, fire, 1/3 of the earth burned up
2- A "blazing mountain" strikes the sea, destroying 1/3 of it
3- The star Wormwood, also ablaze, strikes the rivers and poisons 1/3 of them
4- Light from the heavenly bodies is reduced by 1/3
5- The Abyss is opened, releasing an army of locust-like beings who are allowed to torment people (except those having the Seal of God on their foreheads) for 5 months; they will want to die but will not be able
6- Four powerful angels bound at the Euphrates River are released to lead an army of 200 million mounted troops (human soldiers? demons? creatures? bots?) to kill 1/3 of the earth's population
7- The two Beasts are described (a.k.a. the Beast and the False Prophet), and there are 3-1/2 years (1260 days, "a time, times, and half a time") left to go. This is when the Mark of the Beast is commanded. Believing Jews are to flee to "a place prepared for them in the desert", likely the ancient city Petra, where they will ride out the final 3-1/2 years in safety.

5. The seven Bowls, a.k.a. "The Great Tribulation"
1- Terrible ulcers break out on people who took the Mark of the Beast and worshiped his image (idol)
2- The sea becomes blood and everything in it dies
3- The rivers become blood
4- The sun scorches people severely
5- A thick and terrible darkness descends upon the kingdom of the Beast
6- The Euphrates River is dried up and "unclean" spirits cross over
7- The Battle of Armageddon, a global earthquake that levels all the cities and mountains and destroys all the islands, and hail stones weighing 100 pounds begin to fall

6. Jesus returns to earth, this time not just to the air above it, followed by the armies of heaven. He immediately destroys the vast army arrayed against Him and his people, and he throws the Beast and the False Prophet into the Lake of Fire. Satan is bound and thrown into the Abyss for the duration of the Millennium.

7. The Millennium, a thousand years of peace under the rule of Jesus Himself.

8. The brief release of Satan from the Abyss, to "deceive the nations" into rebellion against Jesus and his kingdom. He is immediately thrown into the Lake of Fire. Then a judgment hall is convened in order to judge the deeds of all who ever rebelled.

9. The old earth and space will be discarded and replaced. The New Jerusalem will be brought down from heaven to its permanent location, either just above or on the surface of the earth. There will be no more suffering, no more death, no more pain for all who belong to God, forever.

Further reading:
[link to bible.fether.net] (choose Rev. from the dropdown)
[link to bible.fether.net] (commentary)
[link to www.fether.net] (ref. also the OT prophecies that pertain to the Tribulation, as well as other NT prophecies of the same)
[link to www.raptureme.com] (scholar Thomas Ice)
[link to gracethrufaith.com] (Jack Kelley, see articles in sidebar)
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP