Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject Sinkhole & Buoy's related????
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message DISCLAIMER: I think this is a crazy idea, but I am not an expert. So I would like to hear what everybody else thinks about this.

There have been a lot of threads discussing buoy activity near Java. There have also been as many or more threads about the LA sinkhole. I've read many of those threads. This evening I was looking at a globe and noticed something. If you have a globe nearby take a look so you can see where I got this crazy idea. If you don't have a globe handy, see the web-links below. Once you've found a globe locate the sinkhole in LA and place a finger there. Now find the location of the buoy near Java and place another finger there. Doesn't it seem like they are close to being exactly opposite of each other; is it possible they are connected?

Nobody knows, or saying, how deep the sinkhole has reached. As far as the buoy's are concerned it appears buoy 53046 has shown the most adjustment. It very well could be buoy errors, but some threads on this site have very compelling information that beg to differ.(see links below) Regardless, I've looked at historical data for that particular buoy and things started changing on 8/24/12. I went through the archives on the NOAA website back to April 2012 and they show an average water column height of 4612 meters from 4/1/12 to 8/24/12. Since 8/24/12 to today's date of 10/18/12 the water column has shrunk to 3919 meters. That's a 693 meter (2270 foot) difference! The part that really bothers me about the buoy's though, is that I have not found a decent explanation as to why there has not been a significant tsunami, because when you look at the time stamps of the buoy readings there are some pretty large adjustments in just a few minutes. I thought large sea floor adjustments that happened that quickly are exactly what cause tsunamis.

What are your thoughts?

interactive globe - [link to www.earthbrowser.com]

Threads with additional information:

Thread: Plate movement watch underway! Java buoy going wild.. again!
Thread: Don't make ASSUMPTIONS; try to Understand.
[link to www.ndbc.noaa.gov]
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP