Users Online Now: 1,994 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 916,217
Pageviews Today: 1,710,939Threads Today: 835Posts Today: 14,783
07:04 PM

Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject Is it time to re-think eugenics?
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message After watching the following documentary on eugenics, I think the attitude I came away with is the opposite of what the creators intended. It seems to me that in this day and age, people are breeding FOR failure of the human race, and are not thinking at all about what their decisions mean for the future.

If a 'mentally challenged' couple wants to have babies, for every 1 person against it there are 1000 people who want to let them do as they please. This kind of behavior is degrading the entirety of the human genome, just look at the hordes of low IQ burden-to-society people around the globe, which are reproducing faster than ever...

Sure back in the early 1900's the methods of choosing who is fit to breed and who is not was, shall we say, less than an exact science, and maybe even barbaric. However with today's advances in genetics, and the ability to relatively easily identify detrimental genes, I see more reason than ever for a re-evaluation of eugenics.

Should people who have genes which cause downs syndrome have babies? Should people who are genetically predisposed to psychosis reproduce? I understand that these decisions are hard to make and leave open very real issues of racism and discrimination, but in the end do we keep going like we are at the expense of our very species, or do we make the hard decisions for a better future of mankind?

Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP