Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject About OBEs ESP and whatnot?
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message First I'll say upfront that I am a follower of Jesus Christ but not necessarily a christian, especially considering that I view the corporate church as the antichrist or false prophet. But I want to ask a question or more about Out of the body experiences OBEs and astral projection and things like that. The conversation, if one blossems can pick up other interesting topics as we go along if it needs to but otherwise let stay focused here on OBEs and AP for now.

What is an out of the body experience? Statistics (sic) show that at least 80% of the American people claim to have had at least one. That includes Christians by the way.

Me, not being any sort of expert on the matter, that is a valid question. I know what I think the term means, but not being able to unequivically say I have had one I don't necessarily feel qualified to state the meaning or define what an OBE is or if they are real or imagined.

Let's assume my understanding or what I think is fairly correct or at least close enough that we can proceed with my understanding as the primary premise.

My understanding is that man is at least a body and a soul and more likely a body and soul with a spirit that is the energy force that allows the body its animation. And from that an OBE is either the soul or spirit or both leaving the body for some period of time, whether brief or prolonged, which at some point one can seeming look down and actually see their own body and anyone else around it.

Now being a follower of Christ Jesus, it's fair if you assume I did attend one denomination or another if not more and have some of my beliefs shaped by their lying manipulations. Well, I suspect that some of you would then already know that those groups frown on OBEs and state that such things open us humans to attack from evil spirits of the now non-existant giants of Genesis chapter 6 and other books throughout mans history.

But putting my potential agreement with the church position on OBEs aside, I have to ask a couple of things. I have no negativity toward OBEs.

Has anyone here had one?
What exactly is it like? Did you feel safe?
Would you welcome or do it again if you could?

Astral Projection.

I've never even considered trying. I've never looked into it such that I would then know what it really is and what people are really doing. But again I have some questions. I also have some sideline observations about it as well as some opinion derived from my sideline viewpoint. I've always sort of assumed that astral projecting is much like a forced out of body experience. Would that be accurate?

What does one who APs experiencce?
Did you feel safe while doing it?

My personal opinion about astral projection and OBE is this. Having read the bible more than once I can say withut reserve that every prophet experienced either one or both. But that is also based on my admitted limited understanding of both.

Any christians want to pipe in? I'd like getting christian viewpoints here so long as it stays non-judgemental. No telling someone they're going to that ancient Egyptian belief place, currently called hell or any of that like.
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP