Users Online Now: 969 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 176,385
Pageviews Today: 295,122Threads Today: 94Posts Today: 1,863
03:52 AM

Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject UPDATE: To all the SANDY SHILLS...: Originally: Damage Reports Yet? Why Not Post Yours Here? Maybe this will help track the storm.
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message UPDATE:
I am NOT asking for anyone to continue posting on this thread, I just want to make a statement, and, give a warning...

As I've just now gotten television and internet back, I have a lot of catching up to do.

In my own case, I lost electric a few hours before the storm hit shore; luckily, I got it back last night.

Since I help run a tree service, I have been working 18 hours days manning the phones, until yesterday mostly by candlelight, wearing gloves, hat and jacket indoors. Countless thousands of people in my own community are devastated.

Now, with houses crushed, with snapped and hanging portions of trees hovering over homes, including streets, sidewalks and schools, it is clear that all of the emergency responders, including the combined efforts of all of our local tree services and others who have come here from afar, simply cannot meet the immediate needs of all these people--who are NOW besides themselves as another storm approaches.

IT WILL NOT TAKE MUCH FOR THESE ALREADY PERILOUS TREES TO CAUSE A WHOLE NEW WAVE OF DESTRUCTION.

The degree of stress and trauma which I am hearing from homeowners is very humbling; I only wish I could perform miracles for them. Now, as we are in emergency respond mode, the lack of gasoline and diesel fuel is causing us to disappoint people, as it hinders our efforts to help them.

Just yesterday, I had a woman call for assistance, saying she was getting tired of climbing out her window to get out of her house! Amazingly, she had a distinct hint of humor in her voice, because she was "god-thankful to be alive."

TO EVERYONE WHO CAME TO ALL THE SANDY-WATCH THREADS PRIOR TO THE STORM TO CALL US CRYBABIES: I AM BEYOND DISTRESSED WITH YOU.

I'd like to know how many people were actually put into danger as they decided to listen to all the shills with their BS flags, only to lose their home or life?

===========

In other storms, such as Irene, it took at least eight weeks for all of the reported damaged trees to be tended to. Because of the dismal state of the economy, some of the downed trees which insurance would not cover because they did no damage continue to lie where they fell Auguist 2011. Then there were those without insurance, like me at the moment, who had NO RECOURSE. For example, in early September, one customer finally saved up enough money to take a tree OFF HER HOUSE, which was not insured. Had she called us last year when this happened, we would have found a way to help her immediately.

The clean up of trees from SANDY alone will probably extend into and through the winter...even with insurance.

Now, with another storm on the way, I HAVE NO DOUBT that the misery upon us is about to be amplified and added to.

I HOPE THE SHILLS ARE NOW SILENCED. My heart is broken.

END OF EDIT. PLEASE DON'T BOTHER POSTING DAMAGE REPORTS, BUT, FEEL FREE TO YELL AT THE SHILLS AND TROLLS WHO POSSIBLY HURT MANY PEOPLE...

damned

=========================================================
I'll start.

Staten Island, NY. New Brighton, on the North Shore.

One east facing window on the east side, third level of my house house blown in.

Luckily, I have tools! It is now jury-rigged, but, secured.

I have NO IDEA how I thought to go check this, before it got too bad. It was just three feet from my rarely used PC, which I had the wherewithal to disconnect this morning!

===

Meanwhile, my neighbor's siding across the street is slowly peeling of the front of their house., scattering in the wind, never to be seen again.

Stay safe everyone.

I will be back on and off, when safety allows.

popcorn
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP