Users Online Now: 1,885 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 1,108,034
Pageviews Today: 1,852,523Threads Today: 753Posts Today: 12,608
06:53 PM

Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject What's a profound but small memory you have?
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message I have this memory from when I was about sixteen, that only lasted a second or two, yet it was important enough to me that it is forever lodged in my brain in perfect clarity.

I was driving my clunker of a car and stuck in traffic. I was annoyed at the cluster or cars, angry that I couldn't just get home and get a pile of homework done. I had a million things on my mind that day. I know I won't be moving for a while, so I glance over at a nursing home that's on that street. One of the giant windows has the curtains pulled open, and there is an old woman there. She is propped up in a raised hospital bed with an oxygen tube in her nose and an IV in her arm. She's obviously in poor condition, and she's staring straight at me. When we make eye contact, I nervously lift a hand in greeting. You can tell its a struggle, but she slowly lifts her hand a bit and waves back. Finally, I can drive off, so I do.

Something about this brief moment in time is just burned into my memory. Maybe it was the sad look on her face, or the frailty of her thin body. Maybe it was realizing that we won't live forever and that one day, I could be lonely in a hospital bed, just wanting a human connection. I wonder about that woman all the time, though I'm sure by now she's passed on. Maybe I should have visited her, I don't know. Do you have any brief, profound moments like this GLPers?
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP