Users Online Now: 1,194 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 75,902
Pageviews Today: 132,449Threads Today: 74Posts Today: 1,189
02:22 AM

Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject Sandy from the South Shore Long Island - Just got power & Internet back. Here's the REAL DEAL
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message We have been cut off, out of the loop for days not knowing anything but what the local media on the radio had reported. Even getting power back we still have no TV. I just got Internet.

The damage in my town and the towns surrounding me is moderate to severe. Flooding is horrible and no one had power. But we survived and lucky to have more than most elsewhere.

Water is unusable and sewage treatment plants are down left and right. THE WATER SMELLS OF CHLORINE - SUPER STRONG!

Gas/food/supplies:
it is near impossible to get. On a normal day I travel 70 miles a day into Nassau County and points in between. I quickly ran out of fuel and still find it impossible to get gas. I refuse to play into this panic and wait online 3-4-5-6++ hours just to get $40 of $4.89 gas.

Everyone wants a generator. All over the radio talk about them here or there. No gas but run out and buy that generator.

Food stores are hit or miss. I really feel this is the next big crisis. No deliveries are getting in. Twice now I have gone out to restock the fridge with new food and found foul milk being sold at King Kullen and Stop & Shop!

Controlled Chaos:
The politicians are making things worse. Media is hand in hand creating panic. All day long on local stations all they have is folks calling in reporting who has and who has no gas. I'm sure you hear the stories. People lines up hours waiting at a closed station for some delivery that may or may not arrive.

For example, Governor Cuomo in all his infinite wisdom announces 10 gallons of free fuel in mobile stations parked in western regions of the affected area. Lines form and quickly they tell everyone its for EMS vehicles only. Mayor Bloomberg holds a news conference an hour later telling people to go get the free gas if they need it.

Employment:
Most everyone I know couldn't get to work on Friday. No gas. My job laid everyone off on Friday afternoon for all of next week. Calling it a work furlow just so you can't claim unemployment! So now people need to worry how the hell they are supposed to feed their family losing close to 2 weeks pay.

Look it's bad. Worst I've ever seen. Worse than Gloria back in the 80's and much much worse than the 70's gas crisis. Back then it wasn't chaos. IT IS COMPLETE CHAOS.

I have seen fights in the streets. Accidents and cars broken down on the side of the road no gas. Flooding came far inland, trees and power lines down all over. LIPA can not tell us when the power will be restored fully and the whole situation is about to boil over into a full scale breakdown of society.

I can see how they control the chaos. Slowly ratcheting it up and now whipping it up into a full scale frenzy.

I know this is normal for a crisis such as this but hold on folks. I see it getting much worse yet! This was more than a "Hybrid Storm". It was the start of it all! I am sure of it.

Just needed to vent and let you guys know what I see.
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP