Users Online Now:
Donate To GLP
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
1957 newspaper: US air recon found secret base near Antarctica
Ms Sans Serif
In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
[quote:Anonymous Coward 26991073:MV8yMDM4MjIyXzM0MjY0ODgzX0MzRDE3MjJD] [quote:Anonymous Coward 2444433:MV8yMDM4MjIyXzM0MjY0Nzk1XzM4RjVBMTY1] In 1957, the us military invaded the Antarctic with nearly 5000 men across dozens of ships. The op misquoted Antarctic he meant Arctic. Coincidentally, Admiral Byrd invaded the southern pole in 1957. People died, planes were lost and the "exploration expedition" was suddenly cut short 4 months early. The entire fleet was sent scattering and bolting from the region for whatever reason. All in documented history, look it up. [/quote] Yeah, you're speaking of Operation Highjump. How much of it is true is difficult to decide, but fascinating nonetheless. [/quote]
German newspaper article from 1957: [
link to www.imagebanana.com
- Strategic bomber squad on a manouver finds dome 1000 miles north eastern of the De Long Islands
- 1 month later: Alaska air surveillance alarms Marine air recon, gives them coordinates
- Pilot of one of the planes: Saw blue grey steel dome, rotating like a radar. Went down to 800m and contacted it. Dome stopped rotating and went down like an elevator, big door closing over it.
- Radio operator: All electronic devices stopped functioning immediately after contacting the dome
- Area disputed between USA and USSR
- Many Alaska "coast stations" reporting crypted morse signals
- Airplanes following those signals lost it if they went closer to the calculated location of the signal source than 20 miles.
Quick googling leads to no answers. Your thoughts?
Pictures (click to insert)
Big Round Smilies
Aliens and Space
Friendship & Love
Misc Small Smilies
View All Categories
Next Page >>
Disclaimer / Copyright Info
with questions or comments about this site.
"Godlike Productions" & "GLP" are registered trademarks of Zero Point Ltd. Godlike™
Website Design Copyright © 1999 - 2017 Godlikeproductions.com
Page generated in 0.005s (5 queries)