Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject Need tips re: what to do if we lose power during Nor’easter
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message I’m from the south and now that I’m living in NYC, don’t have any experience with this impending scenario. I have plenty of basic preps food, batteries, etc. on hand. But would like some tips/advise on how to prepare and especially what to do to stay warm if we lose power.

Have a new 1500 watt inverter and just bought a deep cycle marine battery. Also bought a throw size electric blanket that uses 180 watts. Was thinking of using the inverter for the electric blanket to stay warm. I think that might give me 18 hours of warmth, but I’m not sure about that. Will also try to keep my iphone and laptop juiced up with the inverter if possible.

Have a gas stove and oven, so maybe I could bake bread or pizza to warm up the apt. if it got too cold. Only other thing I could think of was drinking lots of warm tea or coffee to stay warm.

Any thoughts, tips , suggestions? Many thanks.
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP